Personal Information-I am beginning my 25th year of teaching in Forsyth County. This will be my 6th year at West Forsyth. In addition to teaching Civics, I am also the head boys basketball coach and head boys golf coach. I am looking forward to another school year.
Contact information- email@example.com or call the school at 712-4400 to set up an appointment. I am available from 8:00-8:30 am, or from 2:00-3:30 pm.
Civics and Economics is one of the most relavant classes you will take. We will begin by looking at how our country was founded. Next we will look at the rights we have as Americans, and how those rights are protected. We will also look at what our government does on the federal, state, and local levels.
Economics is the other portion of the class. In this part of the class we will look at how our economy works, and how what's happening today in our economy affects us.
You must learn the vocabulary of Civics and Economics to be successful in the class. The students will be assigned daily vocabulary words to define. I will check each Friday to make sure the students have defined the words assigned for that week. They will get a weekly vocabulary grade. The students must define the terms in their own words. Students are responsible for vocabulary given on the days they are absent. A weekly vocabulary list can be found in my document manager section of this website, and a copy will also be on the bulletin board in my classroom.
1. Be on time for class each day.
2. Be prepared for class each day. Each student will need to bring a notebook, pen or pencil and their textbook to class each day.
3. Students should not talk while the teacher is talking or while a student is asking a question or making a comment.
4. Students should stay in their seats while the teacher is talking or while a student is asking a question or making a comment. The students should also stay in their seats until the bell rings at the end of the class.
5. A 0 will be given for any assignment that is not turned in. If the student was absent, the assignment may be turned in for full credit. If the student was in class when the assignment was due, it may be turned in late with a 20% penalty.
6. It is the student's responsibility to check with the teacher when they return from an absence regarding make up work.
7. Do your best each day.
Parent Assistant Module : For answers to your questions or information please visit the West Forsyth website or the WSFCS website at: www.wsfcs.k12.nc.us > Click on “Select a School” > Select West Forsyth > Click on Parent Assistant Module