Sedge Garden Science Fair 2012!
The 2012-2013 Sedge Garden Science Fair is coming December13th and 14th. Here is some important information you need to know if your child isinterested in participating this year.
- All projects must include a proposal. This should be turned into your child’s teacher by November 7th. Proposal sheets can be found here on the school website or from your teacher.
- All projects must be completed by December 12th to be included in the school fair.
- No human or animal subjects may be a part of the project.
- Projects may be completed by individuals, or in groups of 2 to 3 students.
- Tri-Fold display boards may be purchased in room 206 every morning before school. Boards cost $2.00 and exact change is required.
Below are some helpful websites to find ideas forappropriate projects.
www.askforkids.com (type ‘science fair ideas’)
Selection and Recognition of Winners
· Judging will take place on December 14th
· 1st, 2nd and 3rdplace winners will be selected from each grade level
· Two overall winners will be chosen from 3-5,one overall winner will be chosen from K-2. These projects will move onto the districtscience fair January 15th.
· All participants will receive a certificate,winners will receive ribbons and overall winners will receive a trophy
· We will announce winners at the end of the dayon December 14th.
Parents and Families are welcometo come view our Science Fair December 13th and 14thduring school hours. The displays willbe set up in the Old Gym. Be sure tosign in once you arrive on campus.