Introduction to Engineering and Design (IED)
- Basic Algebra Skills (working with formulas)
- A willingness to learn from and contribute to class
- Basic problem solving skills that will be used through out all your engineering classes at Atkins & into college.
- Use and understanding the basic design development process that engineers use to
- An understanding about various fields of engineering and what they do.
- The ability to use the 3-D modeling software, Autodesk Inventor to develop complex design solutions.
- Engineering Notebook (composition notebook with graph paper)
- All projects, engineering notebooks, weekly quizzes and portfolios assignments are weighted equally in this class. All missed assignments are graded as “Zeros” and will bring a GPA down exponentially.
- This is an experiential class and book work can only take you so far. We know that life happens. If you find that you will be absent from school for an extended period of time, special circumstances will need to be made so that you can complete the projects and design work we will be doing in class. You may need to check out supplies, download software on an “at home” computer, and/or schedule make-up time after you return.