Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
Goals and Priorities
- By 2020, 90 percent of third-grade students will read on or above grade level.
- By 2018, our graduation rate will be 90 percent.
- By 2018, we will close the achievement gap between subgroups by 10 percentage points while increasing the performance of all subgroups.
- Provide all schools and departments the differentiated support they need to reach the full potential of the Continuous Improvement Process to maximize student outcomes
- Train and support individuals to be strong instructional leaders and hold them accountable for achieving district goals.
- Equip staff to support struggling students.
- Intentionally engage our parent and community partners in understanding, supporting and advocating for our district goals in service of students.
- Student-Centered: We focus on the needs of every child.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for and reflect on our impact on student outcomes.
- Collaboration: We work together to support each other’s efforts to meet every student’s needs.
- Equity: We honor diversity by addressing barriers to success for every student.
- High Expectations: We challenge ourselves to inspire every student’s pursuit of greatness.
- Integrity: We align our actions, beliefs and values to support every student.
- High expectations and high accountability in a psychologically safe environment.