7th Grade Boys Basketball Tryout Expectations 2013-2014
2. Physicals- All players must have an up to date physical and insurance information turned in to Mr. Patrick before tryouts. No one will be allowed to participate without a physical and insurance.
3. Age Requirement- Players are ineligible for interscholastic basketball if they turn age 15 before August, 31, 2012.
4. Academic Requirements- Students must maintain a 1.75 GPA and receive no Fs to be eligible. Any student who failed a course during the 1st quarter must participate in after- school tutoring for the class that they failed once a week for a minimum of one hour. Missing tutorial more than once during the quarter will result in the player becoming ineligible to tryout.
5. Team Size- 7th grade Jefferson Basketball will carry 12 players on the active roster. Coaches have the discretion to carry 1 to 3 managers if they desire to.
6. Position choices- All players will choose a position on the team to tryout for this year. Choices and focus areas will be as follows:
1.Point Guards- Ball handling, passing, shooting and defense
2.Wing Players- Shooting, rebounding, passing and defense
Basketball Tryout Expectations