More than halfway there!
free SAT prep that is personalized for you!
Ask your counselor for more information.
Things to Remember Your Junior Year...
1. Not Too Late- You are in the second half of your high school career. Have you tried an honors class yet? Have you participated in a sport or a club? Have you gotten to know the people in your class? It is not too late to try something new. Make these last two years memorable!
2. Make it Count- Right now you are building the course load, GPA and class rank that colleges will be considering when you apply next year. The work that you do this year can have a tremendous impact on your future educational plans, so make it count!
3. Your Next Step- You are so close to new and exciting things in your educational career. It's time to make some plans for what you want to do, where you want to go, who you want to be. Big things are coming up soon...let's get ready for your next step.
4. When the Going Gets Tough- You can expect your courses to be a bit more challenging this year. The graduation requirements that we expect you to complete may feel like a lot at times. Remember that your teachers, counselors and administrators are here to help you when the going gets tough.
5. Use Your Resources- Teachers can tutor, counselors can help guide you, your friends can provide support. With all that you have on your plate, try to accept any help that you can get along the way. When you find yourself getting stuck, remember to use your resources. They are everywhere!
Think the first two years went by quickly?
Hold on tight for these last two!
An invaluable resource for students and parents who hope to go to college after high school.
Register today for free and learn about:
3. Admissions requirements
Take the SAT at some point this year (preferably in the Spring)
Challenge yourself academically.
Schedule tours of colleges you want to visit (spring break plans?)
Start focusing your college and career research.
Contact admissions counselors of schools you want to attend.
Be mindful of when the SAT and ACT are being offered.
Speak with your counselor about what classes you need to be taking for graduation.
Your teachers offer tutoring and are here to
help you in any way they can!
95% of Mount Tabor graduates last year are attending college this year.
Get excited about your future TODAY!
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.