JOHN F. KENNEDY HIGH SCHOOL Career Academies in Public Service, Construction and Design, Health Sciences, and Creative EnterprisesGrades 6 through 10 890 E. 11th StreetWinston-Salem, NC 27101Phone: (336) 727-2085Fax: (336) 727-8559Sean Gaillard, Principal
At Kennedy, students have an opportunity to graduate from high school with technical skills and plans for their futures. Students can choose from one of four career academies in fields that are in demand now and will continue to be in the future.
Entrepreneurship is an important theme in each of Kennedy’s four academies. Students learn what it takes to manage and own their own businesses. Each of the four academies offers small-classroom environments, opportunities for internships in the community, and hands-on experiences working alongside professionals in different career fields.
Students also can enroll in classes at the Career Center, which is located on the same campus as Kennedy.
- Small school size and supportive environment for students.
- Construction and Design program, providing hands-on opportunities for students to explore areas of the construction and design industry before selecting an area of interest to pursue in depth.
- Creative Enterprises program, allowing students to explore the creative arts and select an area of focused study. Artisans from the local community help students develop expertise in their interest and refine their creative talents.
- Health Careers program, including the Pharmacy Technician area of study offered at Kennedy only, and a wide range of other opportunities in the heath care field.
- ProStart Restaurant Management program from the National Restaurant Association so that students can prepare for a management career in the food industry.
Directions to Kennedy
Take US 52 north; exit at Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, turn right. Turn left on Highland Ave.; school is on left. Park in lot to right of school. Office is inside on right.