REYNOLDS HIGH SCHOOL
Visual and Performing Arts - Arts Integration
301 N. Hawthorne Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27104
Phone: (336) 703-4145
Fax: (336) 727-2053
Leslie Alexander, Principal email@example.com
Visit the official school web site.
Reynolds provides abundant opportunities for creativity, originality and critical thinking by integrating a combination of Arts Exposure, Arts
Integration, and Discrete Arts Courses while continuing to offer the
depth and breadth of a traditional high school experience. The Tradition
of Excellence which began in 1923 continues through high quality Academics,
Arts, and Athletics.
All students are exposed to the
arts through campus-wide arts events and exhibits, and campus-wide arts experiences each year. A lunchtime stage
is used for student and professional performances, and students may select from 62 discrete arts electives in dance,
theatre, creative writing, band, orchestra, classical guitar, piano, and visual
In addition to their core academic courses, students choose from three distinctive arts strands: Arts Infused, Arts Aware and Arts Intensive.
Highlights of the magnet program at Reynolds include:
- Arts Aware: Students may choose not to take additional arts classes but benefit from an enriched arts environment at the school.
- Arts Infused: Students take at least three arts electives in addition to Seminar in the Arts.
- Arts Intensive: Students audition for placement in the school’s
“Spotlight Arts” courses before their freshman year and take upper level arts
courses in one discipline all four years of high school, participate in
master classes and competitions, and may choose to have an internship
during their junior or senior year.
Directions to Reynolds
- Year-long Seminar in the Arts course builds skills necessary for success in high school and beyond. At the end of their freshman year, students choose the Arts Aware, Arts Infused or Arts Intensive strands to pursue for the rest of high school.
- Projects are planned using arts integration as a hook to capture interest.
- Reynolds Auditorium used regularly for student performances.
- Greater selection of Advanced Placement courses than at other high schools.
From Business I-40, exit at Cloverdale Ave. Turn left at bottom of ramp. Go through light at First St. to end of Cloverdale, turn left on Hawthorne Road. Go through second traffic light, under railroad trestle, then bear right. School will be on right. Go through lobby, turn right at hallway; office is first door on right. Main office is on first floor of main building.