Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know that I am in SMOD?
1.Does your shirt or blouse have a fold down collar? The answer must be yes in order to be in SMOD. Photos of shirts with fold down collars are here.
2. Is your shirt or blouse in the right color? (Remember, RED is not a SMOD color.) Shirt colors are white, black, khaki (tan/beige), maroon (or colors in the maroon spectrum from deep maroon to pale pink), and gold (or colors in the gold spectrum from deep gold to pale yellow). Colors may be viewed here.
3. Do you have layered garments showing underneath your shirt or blouse and if so are they the right color? Layered garments like the ones shown here may be worn underneath collared shirts. They may not be worn without a collared shirt. Colors for layered garments are the same as for shirts, blouses, and light outer garments.
4. Are you wearing a vest, sweater, or hoodie over your shirt or blouse and if so is it in the right color? (Reminder that these should have small logos only unless they are Atkins hoodies.) Light outer wear worn in the building must be worn over a collared shirt. It must be in one of the approved colors.
5. Do your shorts, pants, or skirts come to the bend in the back of your knee? All bottoms must be long enough to come to the knee as measured by the bend in the back of the knee. Anything shorter than this is too short.
6. Are your short, pants or skirts black or khaki? Black is self-explanatory. Khaki includes khaki tan and lighter colors in this spectrum, Gray is not a SMOD color.
7. Do your shorts, pants, or skirts have extras patch or cargo pockets on the legs? Extra patch pockets or cargo pockets on the legs of shorts or pants are not allowed. Extra patch pockets on skirts are also not allowed.
What happens if I come to school not dressed in SMOD? Students who come to school not dressed in SMOD will have to go to the clothing closet to borrow SMOD (if available) to wear or wait in ISS until parents bring appropriate clothing to school. Repeat offenders will have a disciplinary referral. Students who borrow SMOD from the clothing closet and fail to return the items will be billed for the replacement cost of those items: $5.00 for tops and $6.00 for bottoms.