CLASS of 2016
Welcome to Mount Tabor! We're glad you're here.
Things to Remember Your Freshman Year...
1. You Belong Here- High school can be an overwhelming place sometimes. With so many students it may feel like you do not know where you belong or what you can accomplish. Please remember one thing: You belong here. The staff at Mount Tabor are happy you are here and cannot wait to see what you accomplish.
2. Expect Challenges- High school is meant to be more challenging than any school you have experienced before now. Remember, the reason why you are here in the first place is because you are ready for these new expectations and opportunities. When you expect challenges, you will be more prepared to conquer them!
3. Get Involved- High school is a time where you can play a sport, join a club, get a job, take advanced classes, play an instrument, be a leader, create art, sing, and much much more. If there is something you are interested in checking out that will make your experience here at Mt Tabor a better one, do it! The happiest and most successful students are typically the ones who get involved.
4. This is a Gateway- High school is a series of four short years that will determine who you will become for the rest of your life. Will you go to college? Will you get the job you always wanted? Will you be someone who changes the world? These four years will determine all of that. This is a gateway to who you are meant to be.
5. Everyone Has Their Own Way- High school does not have one right way to get from your first day of school to the stage at graduation. With arts, advanced classes, athletics and enrichment opportunities, there are countless pathways to get you where you want to go. Everyone has their own way...we look forward to you finding yours!
An invaluable resource for students and parents who hope to go to college after high school.
Register today for free and learn about:
3. Admissions requirements
Concentrate on making good grades.
Create a free CFNC account. Keep track of courses, grades, awards, honors and more.
Meet your counselor and discuss your goals.
Explore career interests at CFNC.org.
Take challenging courses, even if your grades are slightly lower.
Research ways to save money and pay for college.
Your teachers offer tutoring and are here to
help you in any way they can!
95% of Mount Tabor graduates last year are attending college this year.
Get excited about your future TODAY!
The future depends on what we do in the present- Ghandi