Hanes Middle School Student Service Club
· We meet once a month, usually on the 2nd Monday of the month. We gather in the school gym after school and then a parent takes the group to our meeting location. Our meetings will run until 4:00 p.m. (If a student needs a snack, they should bring their own from home.)
· The purpose of the group is to allow students to contribute to the needs of others, while giving members the opportunity to experience the value and fun involved in volunteerism.
· We have a great plan for the year including activities like gathering books for an elementary school in a low income area, creating ornaments for Senior Services, making placemats for Ronald McDonald House, making Valentine grams to help the school supply closet and making garden art for Habitat for Humanity.
· Members are encouraged to participate in community serviceoutside of club meetings and we will be sharing information regarding additional community service opportunities students can pursue.
· If a student logs 50 or more volunteer hours, they can earn a United States Presidential Volunteer Service Award.
If you have any questionsor suggestions for service opportunities, please contact one of our parentsponsors:
Lyn Wooten email@example.com
Service Club Meeting Dates