PARKLAND MAGNET HIGH SCHOOL PTSA
The 2012-2013 Parkland Magnet High School PTSA welcomes all new and returning members. We look forward to continuing our efforts to recognize student achievement, encourage parent involvement, and support teacher appreciation. Our foundation is centered on being a powerful voice for all students, a relevant resource for our families and communities and a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every student. We hope to add more parents, students, and teachers to our membership for the 2012-2013 school year.
Get involved with the 2013-14 Parkland PTSA! Find out more here!
Join the PTSA!
Membership in the Parkland PTSA is $7.00 per person. By joining the PTSA you are becoming part of an organization whose main goal is to help our children! To join, please return a completed PTSA membership form and dues to Mrs.Buie/Main Office.
You can also join the PTSA by utilizing the Online School Payments page.* Move down on the page until you see "PTSA Membership". Enter your child’s name if membership is for child/student or your name if membership is for parent and then enter your child's student ID. Parents, Teachers, Students, Grandparents, and Community Members are all welcome and encouraged to join the Parkland PTSA!
*When making payments online, new users must add the student profile after you have created a user name and password. For assistance in using the online payment site, please contact Sherri Pennington in the Parkland school office.
The PTSA meet on the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00 -7:00 p.m. in the school Media Center and is open to Board and General Members. Please feel free to join us; we look forward to having you there!
There are several ways you can help at Parkland:
- You do not have to spend a lot of time volunteering; you can give as little as 1 hour per month! For more information on volunteering, visit the Volunteers page.
- No time each month, then send something for the teachers… (a pack of copy paper, a pack of pens or pencils, etc…)!
- Provide treats or money for the monthly "Thank You Thursdays" sponsored by the PTSA. Click here for more information. Monetary donations for "Thank You Thursdays" can be made at the school's online payment page. Please read directions listed above under "Join the PTSA!"
- Or as always a donation would be welcomed! Donations can be made via the Online School Payments page on the Parkland Magnet High School website. We are currently raising funds to purchase supplies for our teachers that will assist them in teaching the new Common Core and Essential Standards curriculum.
Other "Painless" and free ways to help:
- Harris Teeter customers - it is time to re-link your VIC card to Parkland Magnet High School PTSA (#7157) and Harris Teeter will donate a percentage of your purchase dollars to our school through the Together in Education program. You can link up to five schools and Harris Teeter will evenly distribute the money across the different school accounts. Just re-link at the Harris Teeter website or during check-out the next time you buy groceries or go to and click on the Together in Education link.
- Food Lion customers - you can go online and link your MVP card to Parkland High School (school code 214021) and Food Lion will donate a percentage of your purchase dollars to our school through the Lion Shop & Share program. Just link your card on the Food Lion website. Once you are on the Shopper Registration page, enter all 12 numbers under the barcode on the back of your MVP card. After you submit the number, enter your personal information and continue until you can choose "Support a School" then enter Parkland's school code - 214021. It's that easy! No password is required.
2012-13 Parkland PTSA Officers and Board Members: