Southeast Middle School Business, Finance, and Information Technology (BFIT)
Today’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) provides students:
- academic subject matter taught with relevance to the real world
- employability skills, from job-related skills to workplace ethics
- career pathways that link secondary and postsecondary education
- second-chance education and training
- education for additional training and degrees, especially related to workplace training, skills upgrades and career advancement
By enrolling in these classes, your child has an opportunity to build needed workplace skills. These courses are not taught in high school. Additionally, these courses meet the graduation requirement for computer skills.
>6th/7th/8th Grade Computer Skills and Applications I
>7th/8th Grade Computer Skills and Applications II
Technology) Pre-requisite: Computer Skills and Applications I
>8th Grade Exploring Business, Marketing and Entrepreneurship
Most assignments are completed in class, therefore absences are discouraged. If you get behind in your work or you are absent, see me about making up your work so that your grades do not fall. In some instances, you may have to stay after school. Parents should utilize the On-line Parent Assist to monitor your child's grades.
I encourage parents to talk with students about what they are learning and monitor their progress in completing assignments. Parents make sure that you provide me with you email address so that we can have an open communication line. If you have questions about the class or the student progress, please ask me.