Background: You will work in groups of 3-4 to gather and research information on The Electromagnetic Spectrum that will be used to create a brochure. Each member of the group will be responsible to turn in his/her own project, but you are working with each other to collect as much information as you need that will go inside of your brochure. Each group will receive a laptop to work on. Unless you have not turned in the technology agreement form, each person will be able to take turns using the device to accumulate the necessary requirements.Expectations:
- Each person must turn in his/her brochure on the white paper that was provided for you (or on white paper from home).
- The brochure can be handwritten or typed
- The brochure must include pictures/graphics that pertain to the topic
- The brochure must be neat, organized, and broken up into sections (with each section having its own heading)
- The brochure must be colorful and turned in on time
- The brochure must be a tri-foldEMS Project Rubric and Checklist (to be glued down on page 7):EMS Research Notes (to be glued down on page 6; will use the information on this chart for the structure of your brochure)Resources*NEW* http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/postsecondary/features/F_NASA_Great_Observatories_PS.html (NASA's Observatories)*NEW* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmPxSP225Y (YouTube Video: Gamma Ray Telescope)http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/science/toolbox/emspectrum1.html (NASA- The Electromagnetic Spectrum)http://www.brainpop.com/science/energy/electromagneticspectrum/preview.weml (BrainPOP- ask Mrs. Gioello for details on how to view the video)http://www.ducksters.com/science/physics/types_of_electromagnetic_waves.php (Physics for Kids- The Electromagnetic Spectrum)http://missionscience.nasa.gov/ems/01_intro.html (Mission: Science)http://missionscience.nasa.gov/ems/emsVideo_01intro.html (Mission: Science Videos)http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/standard/physics/health_physics/using_the_spectrum/revision/1/ (BBC- Bitesize)http://science.hq.nasa.gov/kids/imagers/ems/ (NASA- The EMS) use the links along the bottom to get more information