Biology is a mandated state course in which students will develop an understanding of the following concepts:
- Scientific Design: steps to problem solving
- Classification of Life: Ecological relationships among organisms
- Diversity of Life: the continuity of life and the changes of organisms over time
- Energy: the flow of energy and matter through various organisms
- Cells: the physical, chemical, and cellular basis of life
- Genetics: the heredity and environmental basis of the behavior of organisms
There is a state End of Course Test at the completion of Biology.