Bond Public HearingsThe Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Board of Education will hold eight public hearings to gather feedback about a proposed bond referendum in November.
If approved, the bond package would pay for school construction, renovation and repairs. It would be the first large-scale referendum for WS/FCS’ school construction since 2006.
The school board has developed a project list based on needs that total about $325 million in present-day costs. After gathering public feedback, the board will finalize its list before it presents a formal request to Forsyth County Commissioners this spring.
Each meeting will start with a brief presentation about the proposed projects, followed by time for public comments. Click here to see the presentation.The dates, times and locations of the meeting are:
- Monday, Feb. 8 at 7 p.m. – East Forsyth High School (2500 W. Mountain Street, Kernersville)
- Wednesday, Feb. 17 at noon – Kernersville Elementary School (512 W. Mountain Street, Kernersville)
- Thursday, Feb. 18 at 7 p.m. – Carver High School (3545 Carver School Road, Winston-Salem)
- Monday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m. – Parkland High School (1600 Brewer Road, Winston-Salem)
- Thursday, March 3 at 7:30 p.m. – West Forsyth High School (1735 Lewisville-Clemmons Road, Clemmons)
- Monday, March 7 at 7 p.m. – North Forsyth High School (5705 Shattalon Drive, Winston-Salem)
- Thursday, March 10 at noon – The Downtown School (601 N. Cherry Street, Winston-Salem)
- Monday, March 14 at 7 p.m. – Speas Elementary School (2000 W. Polo Road, Winston-Salem)