• Youth Employment Certification:

    Guidelines and Youth Employment Certificate (Work Permit Form)

    It is important to remember that if you are not 18 years of age by the time you start a job, you must complete a YEC (Youth Employment Certificate, also known as a Worker's Permit) with your parents' signature, even if you are going to be employed by your parents.

    Please note that the listed opportunities are not sponsored by West Forsyth High School or WS/FCS.


    The following links will take you to the State of North Carolina's guidelines for underage workers.

    Youth Employment Certificate Guide

    Once you understand the guidelines, it's easy to complete:

    1. Click on the link above or below.
    2. Follow the youth instructions, employer and parents/guardians instructions to complete the YEC.


    Youth Employment Rules
Last Modified on September 1, 2023