Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Robert J. Menton
About the Teacher: Robert J. Menton
- Served in the United States Marine Corps (1983-1991) as an aviation ordnance man. Worked for two years aboard the flight deck of the USS Coral Sea (1985-1987), and deployed twice to the West Pacific Rim (1988-1991).
- 35 continuous years working as an aviation technician and/or receiving academic training in aviation production, maintenance, safety and management.
- Thirteen uninterrupted years of aviation technician and management experience on heavy aircraft maintenance projects within a large scale Part 145 repair station.
- Current FAA Airframe and Power-plant license and FCC radio-telephone license with radar endorsement.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautics from Embry-Riddle University, with Associate degrees in both Aviation Management and Aviation Systems Technology.
- Recipient of multiple honors and awards in both workplace and academic settings.
- Received the NC Airport Association Scholarship Award in 2011.
- Began teaching Aviation I & Aviation II for Winston-Salem Forsyth County Career Center High School in 2014.
- Attended Appalachian State University from 2014 to 2016, and completed the Masters Middle and Secondary Teaching Certificate Program.
- Holds a Professional Educators License for the State of North Carolina.