• Student Services FAQs

    I want to know about scholarships available for my senior - - Send an email to rjrstudentservices@gmail.com with the word "Newsletter" in the subject line.  Then during the course of the senior year you will receive information via email about scholarship opportunities. These letters are also posted on the website when updated.  As we only publish new scholarship opportunities per newsletter.  Previous newsletters remain on the website.  Please follow the newsletter instructions when seeking school nominations or applying for scholarship opportunities.  The RJ Reynolds Scholarship newsletters include a sampling of scholarship opportunities that are available from colleges and universities but is in no way a comprehensive list.  Please refer to college websites for individual college scholarships.

    My child wants to meet with a college representative – - Check the Headlines section of the website for an up-to-date list of college representatives who are visiting Reynolds. 

    I like to follow Twitter - - Follow us on Twitter@RJRCollege.

    I like text messages to keep up with senior year information – join the SENIOR REMIND by texting @RJR2020 to 81010

    I need to sign my child up for Driver’s Education - - Register your child online at http://ncdrivingschool.com/ or call 1-800-375-6550. TIP: Spaces in the class fill quickly.  Find the session that works for your child (must be 14.5 years old by the first day of class) and set an alarm for the day registration opens.

    My child has completed Driver’s Education and needs the Driver’s Eligibility Certificate signed - - A parent needs to come to Student Services with the certificate during the business hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or during the summer Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.  No certificates can be signed without a parent with valid ID.

    My child has been sick for two days and needs assignments from his/her teachers -- Call Student Services by 10:00 a.m. at 336-703-4146.

    My child takes medication at school - - Stop by Student Services and complete a medication form.

    My child will be going on a trip and needs assignments while he/she is away – - Get permission from the principal at laalexander@wsfcs.k12.nc.us and have your child request the assignments from his/her teachers.

    My senior needs to send his/her transcripts to colleges – - Have senior complete the transcript request form in Student Services.  If your student is applying to college through the Common Application or other on-line portals, please follow directions closely to have his/her transcript request sent (often requires adding counselor’s email). PLEASE allow several weeks for processing if a letter of recommendation is required.

    My graduate needs to request his/ her transcript – - Come to Student Services and complete a transcript request form (transcripts are $5 for graduated students).  If possible you will receive the transcript that day, if not it will be available the next business day.  

    My senior needs to send his/her ACT or SAT scores to colleges – - Your senior should request official score reports from www.act.org or www.collegeboard.org to be sent directly to the colleges.  NOTE: ACT, SAT and AP test scores are not on the Reynolds HS transcript and cannot be sent from the school.  

    My student needs to take the ACT or SAT – - Students can register online at www.act.org or www.collegeboard.org. Students with free/reduced lunch can see the Guidance Clerk payment vouchers.  The ACT and SAT testing schedules can be found on the Student Services website page.  The Reynolds High School code is: 344445

    My student is going to play a sport in college – - Register with the NCAA eligibility center at www.eligibilitycenter.org after the completion of your student’s junior year.  Once a student is registered, the NCAA notifies us to upload a transcript.  Students with free/reduced lunch are eligible for a fee waiver.  He/she should notify his/her counselor after completing the form so the counselor can enter the fee waiver code on-line.

    Bus and/or Attendance Questions – - Go to the Main Office or call 336-703-4145.

    When does my child eat lunch? -- Lunch occurs during 3rd period.  Reynolds is a closed campus, so students cannot leave forlunch or order form lunch delivery services.      

    3rd Period Class Lunch Schedule

    1st lunch 12:00 - 12:25

    Class 12:30 - 2:00

    2nd lunch 12:50 - 1:15

    Class 12:05 - 12:50

    Class 1:20 - 2:00

    3rd Lunch 1:35 - 2:00

    Class 12:05 - 1:35

    Questions about PowerSchool Parent Portal – - Go to the Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools web page at: http://www.wsfcs.k12.nc.us/Page/769 for general information.  Forms to enroll are available in Guidance and passwords are provided by Tia Parker, RJR Data Manager.