All Items are REQUIRED, not suggested. You are to provide your own. If student does not have the items, they will loose participation points starting on September 6th, and each day following.
Each Item is obtainable at any music store. Bring this with you, or tell the music store you are in orchestra at FRMS, and they will have a supply list.
- Your Own violin/viola – may rent from one of the music stores stores included with this letter. (you are responsible for obtaining your own child’s instrument. All music stores offer rent to own, buy back, trade up and some with no credit check approval.
· Method book: “Essential Elements for Strings Book 1” for your instrument. These books will not be provided.
· Extra set of “Prelude” strings for violins and violas
· Shoulder rest for violin or viola
· Rosin – every student is required to have their own rosin – Every student including cello and bass students must have their own
· Chair strap or rubber rock stop for Cello
**Students wishing to play cello or bass: will be issued a school instrument that is to remain at school at no cost.**
School instruments will not be loaned out to take home to practice. Students wishing to further studies may have the opportunity to rent from the school for a 1 time rental fee of $50, however, there are very few to rent. This is a first come/first serve basis. Cello and Bases are also available to rent to own from music stores usually for $100 per month.
THE SCHOOL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INSTRUMENT OR OBTAINING AN INSTRUMENT FOR YOU! WE DO NOT DEAL DIRECTLY WITH MUSIC STORES.
Only under certain circumstance will a school instrument be rented on a need basis. This is first come, first served. You must pay a one time rental fee of $25 for violins and violas. School cellos and basses will be provided for no cost at school.