As the School Counselor at Moore Magnet Elementary I.....
Weekly classroom Guidance lessons
- 1st semester I see Kindergarten, First, and Fourth grades
- 2nd semester I see Second, Third, and Fifth grades
- We talk about a variety of topics and do activities on things such as friendship, bullying, bucket filling, encouragement, listening and following directions, etc.
During invidual counseling, I meet with students who need some extra support in certain areas or just someone to talk with.
During group counsleing, I meet with small groups of students who all need support in one area. This allows me to help multiple students at one time as well as letting the students know that they are not alone with needing support.
- friendship skills
- anger management
- personal space
Other roles at Moore
- Behavior Support Team (BST) member
- Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS) team member
- Intervention Support Team (IST) Chair
- Student Improvement Team (SIT) member
- Academically Gifted (AG) Coordinator
- 504 Coordinator