High School Registration Timeline
* 1-23 Magnet Application Period. This is the only time to apply to a magnet school (Atkins, Kennedy, Paisley, Parkland, Reynolds and Winston-Salem Preparatory Academy). You will find out whether you were accepted by mail around the last week in January.
* For more information visit www.wsfcs.k12.nc.us/magnet
* 23: Magnet School Deadline
* 26: Magnet lottery.
* 1-28 Rising 9th Grade Orientation Meetings- This is an excellent opportunity for students and parents to learn about their high school (check assigned high school website for dates and times)
* 13-24 High School Choice/Transfer Period-Parents may request a Choice Transfer to any high school except the following magnet schools: Atkins, Kennedy, Paisley, Parkland, Reynolds or the Winston-Salem Preparatory Academy. Transfers are granted if space is available and you must provide your own transportation. The application will be available on-line on the Student Assignment Page of WS/FCS.
* 13-16 High School registration process begins for rising 9th grade students. Hanes counselors will meet with students about high school registration and course offerings in their social studies classes. Dates are subject to change.
* 17-20 Registration materials will go home with students for parent review and signature. Information regarding class descriptions will be included with the registration card. Please review the information with your child and participate in these crucial decisions he/she will make. Dates are subject to change
* 22 Registration cards are due back with parent signature to your student's social studies teacher for the Aggies team and for the Oskies team no later than February 22th. Dates are subject to change.
* 1-17 On-line registration will begin. Counselors will provide guidance in helping students complete on-line course registration selections. On-line registration begins for Hanes students and parents. Students and parents will be able to register and review their course selections through PowerSchool. Students will be able to review and register through the WS/FCS Homepage, select "Students" and then click on Homebase Apps. Parents will review and register through the Parent Powerschool Portal.
* 24 Registration cards are due to the high schools by March 24. Parent/Guardian must contact their child's assigned high school regarding course changes after March 24th.
Rising 9th Grade Registration Information
Below, you will find some useful information
1. Course of Study- Information about the WS/FCS Graduation Requirement located in the High School Registration Handbook 2017.
2. WS/FCS High School Registration Handbook 2017- Course descriptions for all WS/FCS schools. Please note: not all courses are offered at every high school.
3. 2017-2018 Online Instructions- Students and parents will be able to register and review their course selections through PowerSchool. Students will be able to review and register through the WS/FCS Homepage, select "Students" and then click on Homebase Apps. Parents will review and register through the Parent Powerschool Portal. Parents will begin on page 2 of the online course registration for 9th grade students attached to this page.
4. 9th Grade Course Request Card- This card will be used when registering with your child's Guidance Counselor in February.
5. 4-Year Plan- This can be used to tentatively map out your child's high school classes through 12th grade and will be used during counselor meetings for registration.
For more help on how to registar online for classes Click here.