We Now Have e-books!
See below instructions for accessing our e-books
On the MSES media page, select "Destiny Online Catalog" and then "Mineral Springs Elementary School".
- Select “catalog”
- Under “Material Type” select “Electronic Book" (e-book) and then select “keyword”
- The only e-books available to MSES students are the ones marked with an "e" in a square with a dark blue background
- Choose a book with a blue box e and click the word "open" to the right of the book title.
- You will be taken to that book title. You will need to choose whether either the button to "read the book page-by-page" or "read the whole book at once" in the center of the screen.
- The audio is automatically set as "ON" so if you don't want the audio to play, click on the green audio button along the bottom toolbar of the book.
- Other items on the book toolbar are (from left to right): X will close the book which will automatically take you to the list of all e-books available from this vendor at Mineral Springs Elementary (clicking on the picture of any book on that particular will take you to a screen that gives you a summary of the book and clicking PLAY BOOK on that summary screen will start the book); PAGE allows you to select actual pages where you want to begin reading; WORD highlights each word as it is read across the page (green=on, black=off); AUTOPLAY will start reading the book and will continue to the end or whenever you click on the white triangle along the book toolbar to stop the reading (green=on, black=off); AUDIO will read the entire book until you click on the white triangle in the center of the book toolbar to stop the reading (green=on, black=off); CONTENTS shows the contents of the storybook (clicking on any of the items in the CONTENTS list will take you to that item in the book); GLOSSARY shows words used in the book with their definitions; FULL SCREEN will take the book to the full screen and you can press ESC on your keyboard to return to a standard screen.
Last Modified on October 17, 2019