Our current school improvement plan is in the new NC Star system. To access our SIP in NC Star, please click the link below and enter the guest username and password.Guest username: LTS16187Guest password: LTS16187
The Mission Statement for Hall-Woodward Elementary:
We believe that by providing a safe and secure environment, recognizing and respecting individual differences, and utilizing different ways of teaching, all children will learn through the combined efforts of home, school, and community and will be prepared for success in the 21st century. PLEDGE: Positive people are who we want to be Respect, compassion and responsibility Improving ourselves and trying our best Doer of kindness and all the rest Everybody’s safe each and every day Jet Pride is the only way. We are RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE AND READY!!
Hall-Woodward Elementary established the following goals in alignment with the school's mission statement.
- Goal 1 (Gap Goal) To close the achievement gap between the ELA and Math proficiency as measured by EOG’s. The current gap between ELA (27.9) and Math (40.2) is 12%. We will decrease the gap by 6% by the end of 2019-2020 school year.
- Goal 2 (Discipline Goal) To decrease discipline classroom disruption occurrences by 10 percentage points. The goal for Hall-Woodward Elementary School is to decrease classroom disruption behaviors office referrals by 10 percentage points from 45% in 2018-2019 school year to 35% by the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Goal 3 ( Subgroup Goal) To increase the Reading proficiency for Hall-Woodward across grades 3-5 by 10 percentage points. The goal for Hall-Woodward Elementary is to increase the Reading proficiency in our EL students from 20.6% proficient in 2018-2019 school year to 30.6 % proficient by the end of the 2019-2020 school year as measured by EOG’s.
- Goal 4 To decrease the teacher turnover rate by 7 percentage points from 21.0% to 14.0%.
- Goal 5 The school regularly communicates with parents/guardians about its expectations of them and the importance of the curriculum of the home (what parents can do at home to support their children's learning).
To achieve these goals, Hall-Woodward Elementary has chosen to focus on implementing these Selected Indicators:
Student Success Indicators
ALL teachers employ effective classroom management and reinforce classroom rules and procedures by positively teaching them. (5088)
The school implements a tiered instructional system that allows teachers to deliver evidence-based instruction aligned with the individual needs of students across all tiers. (511)
The LEA/School regularly looks at school performance data and aggregated classroom observation data and uses that data to make decisions about school improvement and professional development needs. (5159)
The LEA/School has established a system of procedures and protocols for recruiting, evaluating, rewarding, and replacing staff. (5168)
The school regularly communicates with parents/guardians about its expectations of them and the importance of the curriculum of the home (what parents can do at home to support their children's learning). (5182)