Click the link above for information about NC ELI.iReady was selected by WSFCS from the available options provided by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction to support the Read to Achieve (RtA) diagnostic. Enacted by the North Carolina legislature, RtA is designed to ensure that all children in the state of North Carolina master the skills they need to become successful readers. iReady replaces previous literacy assessments beginning in the Fall of 2020.
*The following tests are taken in person and for the 2020-21 school year this is yet to be decided.Beginning of Grade 3 Reading test (BOG3)*
- Students in Kindergarten – 5th grades take these assessments in Reading/English Language Arts
- Student in Grades Kindergarten-5th - Also use the math section of iReady for skill practice and diagnostic benchmarks
- Benchmarks are taken three times a year
- Beginning of Year (BOY): Sept
- Middle of Year (MOY): Jan
- End of Year (EOY): May
- The program and benchmark diagnostics are all taken and worked with online.
- Progress Monitoring: progress can be monitored once a month or more often as desired
- iReady Reading is only available in English
- iReady Math is available in both English and Spanish
- WSFCS is continuing to research diagnostic options for Spanish Language Arts assessments for our Spanish Dual Language Immersion classrooms.
- Requirement for the Read to Achieve legislation (G.S. §115C-83.1C)
- Will be used to measure teacher growth for determining eligibility to teach summer reading camps, as well as a baseline measure of beginning third-grade students’ reading skills
- Tested in the first 11 – 15 days of school (Sept)
- The Read to Achieve program is a part of the Excellent Public Schools Act which became law in July of 2012 and was applied to all schools at the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year. The goal of North Carolina is to ensure that every student read at or above grade level by the end of third grade.
- Given in the last ten days of school
- English Language Arts(ELA)/Reading and Mathematics: Grades 3 – 5
- Science: Grade 5 only
- Currently all online in 2020-21
- Multiple choice, open ended, and drag and drop items
Last Modified on Monday at 1:19 PM