Click the link above for information about NC ELI.Istation was selected by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction to support the Read to Achieve (RtA) diagnostic. Enacted by the North Carolina legislature, RtA is designed to ensure that all children in the state of North Carolina master the skills they need to become successful readers. Istation replaces previous literacy assessments beginning in the Fall of 2019.
Beginning of Grade 3 Reading test (BOG3)
- Students in Kindergarten – 3rd grade take these assessments
- Benchmarks are taken three times a year
- Beginning of Year (BOY): Sept
- Middle of Year (MOY): Jan
- End of Year (EOY): May
- Progress Monitoring: progress can be monitored once a month or more often as desired
- Istation is available in English and in Spanish depending on the language of instruction in the classroom.
- Requirement for the Read to Achieve legislation (G.S. §115C-83.1C)
- Will be used to measure teacher growth for determining eligibility to teach summer reading camps, as well as a baseline measure of beginning third-grade students’ reading skills
- Tested in the first 11 – 15 days of school (Sept)
- The Read to Achieve program is a part of the Excellent Public Schools Act which became law in July of 2012 and was applied to all schools at the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year. The goal of North Carolina is to ensure that every student read at or above grade level by the end of third grade.
- Given in the last ten days of school
- English Language Arts(ELA)/Reading and Mathematics: Grades 3 – 5
- Currently a paper/pencil test
- Multiple choice and gridded response (Grade 5 math only)
- Science Grade 5 (online)
Last Modified on June 22, 2020