What We Are Offering
Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools offer attractive supplements, some of the largest among the urban school districts in North Carolina. The following information details the compensation package:
FINANCIAL RECRUITMENT INCENTIVES
- $2500 Recruitment Bonus
- $2500 annually for effective teachers
- $1500 annually for other licensed personnel
- Local salary supplement ranging from 8.2 % - 14.2% Other Recruitment Incentives
- Laptop computers issued to all teachers
- $1200 interest-free cash advance for relocation expenses
- Waivers of utilities deposits (electric and cable)
- Waivers/reduction for security deposits from participating apartment complexes
Financial Retention Incentives:
- Tuition reimbursement plans for all employees
OTHER RETENTION INCENTIVES
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits (ex. vision, cancer, disability, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee discounts at over 100 local businesses (BUS Stop)
- Formal new teacher support program for first-year teachers (STAY)
- Annual Flu, Shingles, TDap, Pneumonia vaccine clinics – FREE to State Health Plan members
- Educator Warehouse
- District recognition reception for all school Teachers of the Year (TOYs)
- PTA banquet for all school TOYs • FREE one-year car lease for district TOY
- A cash award of $1000 for district TOY and $500 for 3 district finalists
Grow With Us
Earn up to $12,000 Annually
Starting with the 2020-2021 school year, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools is expanding an amazing career pathway for effective teachers in select Inspire 340 Schools, instructional facilitators, and teacher academy leaders known as Opportunity Culture, an initiative designed to allow excellent educators opportunities to take their talents to the next level. Opportunity Culture allows WS/FCS's excellent teachers to extend their reach by leading teams, supporting teachers and students while earning additional pay up to $12,000 annually.
What is Opportunity Culture in WS/FCS?
WS/FCS will launch the opportunity culture multi-classroom leader role in select schools. Our schools will use the multi-classroom leader role, as well as teacher roles known as expanded-impact teachers, and paraprofessionals known as reach associates. All these roles will receive substantial pay stipends up to $12,000.
View a short video on what a Multi-Classroom Leader Role
Why Teach For An Inpsire 340 School?
Winston-Salem and Forsyth County are places that are very supportive of the local school district. WS/FCS is supported by a number of business partners that provide invaluable funding and support to the schools. Inspire340 schools have also had great results with recruiting and maintaining volunteers. Many community organizations and business professionals give of their time to prepare our future educators.
Inspire340 schools strive to create a diverse staff that will enrich the student experience. Inspire340 recoginzes that teachers of all kinds all bring something to the table and it’s important to highlight what makes each educator unique.
Inspire340 schools have a consistent track record of producing award winning educators. This year we have celebrated winners of the North Carolina Education Support Professional Award, Stanford University’s Holly Hock Scholarship, and most notably a Burroughs Wellcome Fund recipient. This is just the tip of the iceberg! Inspire340 schools encourage and support professional development. WS/FCS and Inspire340 want the best teachers in the state and will do what it takes to hire and continue professional development.
Who We Are Seeking
If you have these qualifications, we’re looking for you!
- Desire and experience for collaborative planning
- Proven ability to motivate children
- Strong belief in discipline and orderliness in the school environment
- Goal-oriented with record of goal attainment
- Strong belief in continuing professional development
- Commitment to the use of technology to support instruction
- Embraces “all kids can learn” philosophy
How To Apply
Interested applicants can apply online. Before you apply, you will need to gather the following documents:
- Employment history (dates, contact information )
- Resume, cover letter, copy of teaching license and other supporting documents
- Professional references
- Go to www.wsfcs.k12.nc.us/jobs
- Under Quick Links, choose Employment
- Click on the blue Teachers box
- Scroll down to see Submit an Application
For questions or more information, contact Kathy Furr, email@example.com, 336-727-2969.