School-Parent-Student Compact 2017-2018
Walkertown Elementary, a Title I federally funded school, is committed to provide each student with the tools necessary to successfully meet the challenges they will face in a diverse world. We understand that our families, school staff, and community create the educational environment necessary to accomplish this task. As a result we have jointly developed this compact to be read, agreed to, and distributed to our entire school family. We ask that you promise to do this by signing and dating the portion of the compact that applies to you.
Fourth Grade Team
As a 4th Grade teacher I will:
- differentiate instruction by using centers and small groups.
- provide opportunities for hands-on instruction.
- keep families informed of children’s progress and ways to support learning at home.
- keep families informed by providing information on each unit of study.
- treat students and parents with respect.
As a 4th grade student I will:
- pay attention in class.
- participate in class discussions.
- complete all work to the best of my ability.
- ask the teacher for help if I do not understand.
- show respect for myself, my peers and adults.
As a 4th Grade parent or guardian of a student I will:
- make reading a daily part of family time.
- help children master essential math.
- encourage my child to do homework.
- check homework to make sure it is completed.
- communicate with the teacher if there are any questions or problems.
Teacher signature:_______________________________ Date: __________________
Student signature:_______________________________ Date: __________________
Parent signature:________________________________ Date: __________________