How do I find out if school is closed?
The school system tries to make the decision to close or delay school as early as possible to make planning easier for families. As soon as the decision is made, the school system will let families and employees know:
- by an automated phone call
- on our Website, wsfcs.k12.nc.us
- via Mobile Alerts on our Mobile App which can be found in the Apple App Store or on Google Play under WS/FCS (more information here)
- on our television station, Cable 2 (seen on Spectrum's channel 2)
- on our Twitter feed, www.twitter.com/wsfcs
- on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/wsfcsofficial/
The website also will be updated to show any cancellations of afterschool or weekend activities. Look for the "Pop-Up Alerts" when you visit the website for those updates or your check the individual school pages.
Did you know?
WS/FCS has missed an average of just under 4 days a year because of bad weather each year since 1963. The most days missed was 12 in 1995-96.
Take a look at this chart, it has a list of all days missed because of bad weather since the city and county school systems merged in 1963.