Crosby Scholars News
How does the Crosby Scholars Program assist middle school students?
- Offers academic and personal growth workshops
- Provides opportunities to participate in community service activities
- Exposes students to local college campuses and career exploration
- Encourages a drug-free lifestyle
- Provides annual recognition for students who complete program requirements
What is required of middle school Crosby Scholars each school year?
Attend one Crosby Scholars Academy. The Academy provides an opportunity for students to participate in academic and personal enrichment workshops which may include: Note Taking (Made Easy & Fun), Building Self-Esteem, No More Excuses, Express Yourself, Leadership, Time Management and Munchies Matter
- Perform at least 2 hours of community service and provide documentation. Community service or volunteer work during the academic school year may be completed individually or with a club or group at school, church, or in the community. Middle school scholars are required to volunteer for at least 2 hours and then submit a signed Community Service Form by the posted deadline. Forms signed by parents will not be accepted. Community Service Forms are available in school guidance offices or can be printed from the link on the Student Community Service page on this website.
COMMUNITY SERVICERemember to complete your volunteer hours. The deadline is April 13th for turning in your forms.Crosby Community service forms are available to print online here:or in the Student Services Office.
- Fulfill the terms of the Partnership Agreement by demonstrating good citizenship in your school and community. (You may not receive out of school suspension.)