Electronic Flyer Approval and Distribution Process
Start date for distrubution: Sept. 10, 2018 End date for requests: May 17, 2019 End date for distribution: May 24, 2019
Effective July 2018, WS/FCS will no longer be accepting requests for distribution of paper flyers. The district has transitioned to a new electronic form of distribution.
WS/FCS is partnering with Peachjar, an electronic distribution program. Flyers from community organizations will be distributed through a weekly email and posted on school websites and on the district mobile app. This is yet another way WS/FCS is working to be more environmentally-friendly and drastically reduce the amount of paper copies distributed to students and staff.
This process will allow schools and approved community organizations to send information to students and teachers that help communicate community events and opportunities that enhance the student experience. As always, generally speaking, non-profit organizations have more leeway to send information home with students and staff. For-profit organizations and some services, such as after-school are, tutoring and summer camps, are generally limited to displaying items in common areas of schools. A summary of what is allowed is below: the complete policy is available here.
Approved community partners, as outlined by our policy, will be allowed to post eflyers online and distribute them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to make the best use of today's technology, be more enivronmentally friendly, and reduce non-instructional work on our school staff, we have transitioned to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps on the Community Partner page.
Parents can go to the Parent Information Page to learn more about how the program saves time and allows for more effective communicaiton on the go!
Approved Flyers can be distributed through several different forms
- Flyers will be sent through email
- Flyers will be linked at the individual school(s) webpage.
- Flyers can also be viewed on the WS/FCS District Mobile app
Peachjar Information Links
- Information for Program Providers (Community Partners)
- FAQ's for Parents and Program Providers (Community Partners)
Community Partner Information
Informational Videos for Parents & Community Partners
Benefits of Electronic Flyers
- Will ensure parents receive important school and community information in multiple, environmentally friendly ways
- Will reduce school administrative burden and allow access to Peachjar’s digital flyer template library!
- Allows communication with parents within today's preferred electronic mediums
- Allows community partners to track parental engagement and communication effectiveness