NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
Welcome to Old Richmond Elementary School! We are confident that your child will quickly feel at home here. The first step to registering for Elementary School in Forsyth County is to verify the elementary school district in which you live. You can verify this at School Locator. If you are in the Old Richmond’s district, please call our office at 336-703-4287 to make an enrollment appointment with our data manager. There are several documents that you will need to bring with you on the day of your appointment.
I. Items that are required before registration can begin:
A. To establish residency in the Old Richmond Elementary School district:
1. New housing contract/lease (if contract/lease is not new, we also need to see something showing that the address is still current), or
2. Utility bill in parent's name showing service to address, or
3. Another bill/official mail connected to the physical property and in parent's name to determine current address (tax bill, etc.) Please note that cell phone bills are not acceptable. If you do not have any of the above for proof of address, please contact our office at 336-703-4287 for further assistance.
B. To establish legal guardianship:
1. Birth Certificate - This is used to verify your child's age as well as proof that you are the parent.
2. Custody Papers (if applicable) If you are not the child's parent, you must provide a court-ordered document that shows you have legal custody of the child.
3. ID of person registering student.
C. To establish fulfillment of North Carolina Immunization Laws:
1. Immunization record
D. Other pertinent information:
1. Name, fax number and mailing address of school last attended
II. Items that may be required to determine proper grade and course placement:
1. Academic information (transcript, report cards, test scores) - The higher grade level your child is in the more important this becomes
2. Information concerning child's placement in any special classes (LD, etc.)
3. Other relevant information
Enrollment forms are listed below and may be downloaded and completed prior to your appointment. You may also pick-up the enrollment forms in our office and complete them prior to the appointment or at the time of your appointment. Please arrive early if you will need to complete the forms while at Old Richmond.