Welcome to Crosby Scholars....For College, For Life!
PLEASE JOIN CROSBY SCHOLARS TODAY!!!!
Preparing for college means planning ahead for your future, and middle school is the time to START! Your future options are equal to whatever you can DREAM! As a middle school Crosby Scholar, we will provide you with academic success and personal development workshops, opportunities for you to get involved in your community, and exposure to the future: life in high school, life on college campuses, and potential careers.
HOW TO SIGN-UP:
Go to: www.crosbyscholars.org or call (336) 725-5371
Visit the Crosby Scholars website to search for community service ideas, download community service forms, find out Crosby Scholars Academy dates, and more!
For the latest information:
Also you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTER NOW UNTIL DECEMBER 1st! IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION, SEE Ms. Fish IN THE KMS COUNSELING DEPARTMENT!
Requirements for the Middle School Crosby Scholars Program
We ask all Crosby Scholars to help out in their community, obey all school rules, attend ONE Crosby Scholar Academy each school year, not receive out of school suspension, and we also encourage you to maintain a 2.0 grade point average or better.
Each scholar must complete at least 2 hours of community service each school year. This service should be done at a nonprofit organization or program.
CROSBY SCHOLAR ACADEMY
Each scholar MUST attend ONE Crosby Scholar Academy session each school year.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED! YOU WILL REGISTER FOR YOUR CHOICE OF ACADEMY RIGHT IN YOUR PORTAL!
CROSBY SCHOLARS COMMUNITY SERVICE IDEAS
- Helping a teacher at school
- Tutoring younger students
- Reading buddies
- Work at the Soup Kitchen
- Work with the elderly in nursing homes
- Participating in Walks to raise money or awareness for illnesses or medical conditions
- Campus clean up at your school
- Volunteer service through Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, youth group, school groups, etc...
- Work for family members
- Work at for-profit businesses even though you are not paid
- Donations-like donating clothes or canned food is not enough, unless you put in hours to organize a drive
- School performances such as band, chorus, orchestra, plays, etc....