• Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools requires the following to enroll:

    1. Proof of Residency - Duke Power Bill, City of Winston-Salem Utility Bill, or a copy of a Residential Lease or Mortgage. The document presented must have the name of the parent or legal guardian enrolling the student

    2. Student Birth Certificate

    3. Parent or Legal Guardian's photo ID or driver's license

    4. Immunization Records

    5. Check out paperwork from previous school or a copy of the student's report card/schedule with grades

    6. Paperwork for Exceptional Children or 504 plans

    7. Custody Paperwork if applicable


    Please call or email the counselors with specific enrollment questions.

    • Only the parent or legal guardian can enroll a student in the Winston-Salem Forsyth County School System.
    • If a student AND the parent/legal guardian live with someone else on a permanent basis, you must bring in a notarized statement of that person stating that the student and parent/legal guardian live with them at their address. You must also provide that person's proof of residency.
    • Information about student assignment, Magnet schools, or school choice can be found using the student assignment link to the right.
    • Students who are new to the United States must enroll through the Newcomers Center. Please see the link to the right for more information.