KERNERSVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL HONORS SOCIETY
The Kernersville Middle School Honor Society recognizes students who excel in scholarship, character, leadership, service and citizenship. Members participate in group service projects as well as their own individual service projects.
HOW TO BECOME A HONOR SOCIETY MEMBER:
To be invited to apply for membership, a student must have good grades and conduct. Once an invitation is given, an application will be filled out and returned to the Counseling Department in the spring. The selection committee will base their selections on the following:
- Has attended KMS for at least a quarter or was a member of another honor society at previous school
- Has a minimum of a “B” average for the first semester of the school year in which student is applying with no grades of C, D or F.
- Exemplifies hgh character traits
- Has received NO multiple Level 1 and NO Level 2- 7 discipline referrals to the office during the current school year
- Successfully holds postition(s) of responsibility in school and community
- Volunteers at school and in the community
- Supports group service projects at school and in the community
- Involved in such activities as Scouting, sports, religious organizations, school organizations, and/or community organizations
ONCE A KMHS MEMBER:
- All meetings are mandatory
- $5.00 dues per school year
- Maintain an overall C average (with no D’s or F’s required)
- Out of school suspension is reason for membership termination along with 3 separate in school suspensions
- Minimum of 4 community service hours is required for the 2018-19 school year
- Participation in the mandatory group service project that will be decided at a later date.