How do I find out if school is closed or being moved to remote learning?
The school system tries to make the decision to close or delay school as early as possible to make planning easier for families. As soon as the decision is made, the school system will let families and employees know:
- by an automated phone call (make sure your contact info is up-to-date in PowerSchool)
- on our Website, wsfcs.k12.nc.us
- on our television station, Cable 2 (seen on Spectrum's channel 2 or via the link on the WS/FCS Cable 2 webpage)
- on our Twitter feed, www.twitter.com/wsfcs
- on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/wsfcsofficial/
- on our Instagram site, www.instagram.com/wsfc_schools/
- Via mobile alert using the WS/FCS Mobile App which can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play
The website will also be updated to show any cancellations of afterschool or weekend activities. Look for the "Pop-Up Alerts" when you visit the website for those updates or your check the individual school pages.
Did you know?
WS/FCS has missed an average of just under 4 days a year because of bad weather each year since 1963. The most days missed was 12 in 1995-96.
Take a look at this chart, it has a list of all days missed because of bad weather since the city and county school systems merged in 1963.