GUIDELINES FOR DISCIPLINE AR 5131
- A complete listing of the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board Discipline Policy (AR 5131) can be found on the WSFCS website. http://wsfcs.k12.nc.us/.
- Students and parents are responsible for being familiar with all discipline guidelines. Parents should take the time to review these with their students.
- After School Detention is held from 3:45-4:30 on Tuesday and Thursday. All detention students should leave campus by 4:50. Saturday Detention is an alternative form of discipline available to administrators. If the disciplinary incident warrants Saturday Detention, the student will be assigned from 9:00-12:00. These students will receive a form notifying them of the time and location of their assignment. The student must be productively occupied with academic assignments. Tardies and early dismissals are not permitted. Students and/or their families must provide transportation. Failure to attend will result in further disciplinary action.
- In-School Suspension (ISS) is assigned to students for various disciplinary reasons. Teachers send assignments to ISS and students must bring all textbooks, notebooks, paper, pens/pencils needed for the entire day. Out-of-School Suspension (OSS) is assigned to students for various disciplinary reasons. OSS students are responsible for any missed work or assignments. Alternative Learning Center (ALC) is an available on campus alternative program for repeat offenders of Level I, II, and III offenses. Students will be assigned for a period of 90 days. Participation in extracurricular activities is not allowed during the ISS or OSS assignments, nor may a student attend after school activities during the ISS or OSS assignments.
- Compliance with suspension: Any student assigned to in-school suspension or out-of-school suspension or has been excluded from school is not allowed on ANY school campus for the duration of the suspended period. Students are not to attend any after school activity (e.g., athletic contests, plays, etc.) or participate in any extracurricular activities during this suspension or exclusion. Failure to comply may result in extended out-of-school suspension or arrest for trespassing.
- Any days missed in ISS, OSS or ALC must be made up.