COMPUTER / INTERNET USE
Acceptable use of Internet and Websites is covered by School Board Policy AR6161 (please reference this online for the complete policy – http://wsfcs.k12.nc.us/). Please note the following as it relates to student use of the internet.
- Internet use by students in the WS/FC school system is to support, supplement and enhance the curriculum, to provide educational experiences, and to enhance learning opportunities.
- Use of the Internet is restricted to authorized users.
- Unacceptable practices include, but are not limited to: accessing, copying or modifying the files of others; accessing confidential records maintained by WS/FCS; communicating threats, and cyber bullying.
- Bulletin boards, chat rooms, threaded discussions, and listserv groups are only used for discussion of class assignments and school projects with a teacher who is an active participant. (Policy 6161.3)
- School Board email policies must be adhered to.