WEST FORSYTH STUDENT HONOR CODE
Our honor code is an established standard for all students. At West, we aspire to achieve our personal best; we hold ourselves and each other with the same rigor and passion in academics, sports, extracurricular activities, and school citizenship to this mutual standard of school and personal integrity.
Students will not engage in the following unacceptable behaviors:
- Cheating- to act dishonestly or misrepresent your knowledge to gain advantage.
- Stealing- the intentional taking of any property without rights or permission.
- Plagiarism- representing another’s ideas or words as one’s own.
- Aiding and Abetting Dishonesty- assisting someone to act dishonestly.
- Lying- intentional misrepresentation of any form.
- Acts of harassment including, but not limited to, bullying, teasing, intimidation, vandalism, etc., including harassment through social media
- Falsification of Records and Official Documents.
- Unauthorized Access to Academic and Administrative Records, Networks or Systems.
Additional Plagiarism guidelines for each class may be determined by its teacher. Each West Forsyth student is responsible for knowing and adhering to these guidelines. It is the student’s responsibility to seek clarification on assignments, collaborate with others, generate study guides, adhere to homework policies, etc.