For a student to be eligible to participate in a sport at West, the following criteria must be followed:
- Have on file at West a copy of a valid physical in the last 395 days
- Have on file the 2019-2020 athletic participation packet. Packets can be found in the Athletic Director’s Office, the Main Office and the West Forsyth website.
- Have proof of current medical insurance on file.
- Must pass a minimum of 6 classes in the previous academic semester.
- Have a 2.0 QPA for the previous 9-week grading period. If the student does not have a 2.0 they will be required to enter the Academic Support Program.
- Cannot have more than 10 absences in the previous academic semester.
- Cannot transfer schools without a bonafide move. Students who transfer absent a bonafide move will be ineligible for 365 days.
- Must live with parents or legal custodian (guardianship is not recognized for athletics).
- For full eligibility requirements go to NCHSAA.org and wsfcs.k12.nc.us.