HANES MIDDLE SCHOOL PTSA
Summary: Students are a vital part of PTSA bringing enthusiasm, energy and fresh ideas addressing issues that affect Hanes Middle School. The PTSA Student Representative provides monthly updates to PTSA about student climate, student concerns and student activities. The student representative is a full voting member of PTSA’s executive board. Time Commitment: Meetings; (approx. 15 hours per year). Duration: September through May Important Dates: PTSA meetings - Every second Monday of the month from September through May of the current school year from 6:00 p.m. to approximately 7:00 p.m. Additional meetings, events, and activities deemed appropriate by the association. Accountable To: PTSA President TIMELINE Ongoing:
- Attend all PTSA meetings.
- Communicate with board members about school climate and concerns.
- Assist in recruiting student volunteers for PTSA events
- Assist in inviting students to join PTSA; enhancing student membership.
- Seek input fromall students – not just those traditionally seen as “popular.”
- Participate in PTSA sponsored activities.
- Participate in planning PTSA activities.
- Represent students and PTSA at school board and other civic meetings, wherever student input is needed or requested.
Last Modified on August 19, 2019