Parent Involvement

Parent Council Meeting Notes December 12, 2019

  • Parent Council Meeting Minutes for December 12, 2019

    Membership

    • Reviewed current membership = 32 members
    • SLT Parent representative is Mr. Sanchez. He was given dates of all meetings.
    • To do: District Title I Parent Meetings representative Keisha Horton / we need 1 more rep
    • PRIORITY to do: Form audit committee to pursue “good standing” with PTSA
    • To do: Improve ease of payment through a “square” or MemberHub with QR code
    • To do: Membership drive re-do. Discussed freebie with membership and encouraging student members
    • To do: Recruit additional PTSA Board Members (Vice President, Secretary, Parliamentarian, Committee Chairs)

    Fundraising

    Goal: $10,000 for additional Chromebooks and funding for the Intervention/Enrichment program

    TCBY Night in February

    Dewey’s for Easter 

    • Packets in Wednesday Envelopes on March 18
    • Orders due April 1
    • Orders placed April 3
    • Parent pickup  April 6-7
    • Gift cards for top sales $100, $75, $25
    • Pizza for highest selling homerooms on each grade level
    • Week 1 Check-in to begin spreadsheet with orders

    To do: Linking grocery discount cards to Flat Rock

    Communication

    To do: Flat Rock PTSA Facebook page and Instagram account

    To do: Adding parent Council Meetings Minutes to school website with Council approval

    Budget Concerns

     

    • Balance $2086.14

     

    Depositing $264 from Membership Drive

    New Balance $2350.14

     

    • To do: Contact PDQ about providing food for faculty

     

    Future Meeting Dates

    Second Thursdays at 5:30

    • January 9
    • February 13
    • March 12
    • April 9
    • May 14

    To Do:

    Morris and Hodges will create letter home and for social media/webpage about meeting dates and fundraising

    Christina will contact Dairio, TCBY, and PDQ for future FRMS Support/Fundraising

    Morris and Christina will work on forming an audit committee--parent engagement committee will round out the committee and perform the audit

    Morris will contact Wormack to get a date for a PTA table at a future basketball game

    Morris will work with Christina to set up Square for donations to the PTSA

Last Modified on January 9, 2020