- Keep parents informed in a timely fashion of activities/concerns regarding their child
- Provide the best possible learning environment
- Maintain respect for students
- Provide parent meetings to discuss concerns
- Provide parents with progress reports from core teachers every 3 weeks and quarterly from encore teachers
- Make sure student attends school daily and arrives on campus in time to be in class by 7:10 am. Make sure student has an excuse note immediately following all absences
- Make sure student has necessary school supplies and completes all homework
- Make sure students behavior is appropriate
- Schedule a conference with the teacher if the student exhibits behavior or academic problems
- Call the teacher and make an appointment to discuss problems and/or concerns
- Keep parent contact and emergency information on file at school up to date
- Check progress reports, Wednesday packets and teacher Web Pages
- Respect yourself, students, and school staff
- Complete all homework and classwork assignments to the best of your ability
- Ask parent or teacher for help if you don't understand a topic
- Come to school ready to learn with all materials daily
- Display appropriate behavior including following the dress code and school rules
- Record homework in agendas
It is a fact that students with good attendance achieve higher levels of learning. However, we are aware that there may be a time when absence is unavoidable. If this happens, WORK MISSED MUST BE MADE UP regardless of the reason for the absence. Please take note of the following/ A parent or student may request make-up assignments for an absence of TWO OR MORE CONSECUTIVE DAYS. If you must be out for a period of four (4) weeks due to an injury, illness, or other disability, contact the Counseling Center to inquire about services of a Homebound Teacher.CHECK THIS
Make-up work will be completed promptly.
A student will have one (1) day to complete make-up assignments for every one (1) day absent.
Make-up assignment grades will be counted in the students overall grade for that quarter.Make-up work can be different from class assignments while absent.