WS/FCS provides summer learning opportunities for rising 2nd-9th grade students who have not met proficiency in reading and math. This is a virtual opportunity for students to have 45-minute intervals of reading and math instruction by a certified teacher and working independently using a digital platform such as i-Ready, EVERFI, or Discovery Education. The purpose of the Jump Start program is to reduce summer learning loss in a welcoming learning environment where children are engaged in learning with the most accomplished teachers in the district. It is a virtual program designed to help your students excel in small groups of targeted instruction for 3 hours per day! Don’t let your child miss out on the program that will provide reading interventions and supplemental support in literacy and math.
- July 28, 2021, to July 29, 2021
- Mondays-Thursdays only
- Session 1-8:30am to 11:30pm, or
- Session 2-12:00pm to 3:00pm
- The Jump Start 2021 program is Virtual
- 90 Students per session allowed
- Student daily committment of participation
- Researched based curriculum
- Materials provided
- Technology is necessary (device and wifi access)
- No Cost!
- Registration will be done using the link below
- Parents will be notified of acceptance by:
Program Contact Information
Cheryl S. Wright, Program Manager Extended Day Programs
(336) 748-4000 ext. 70179
Call 743 333-1418 for general information or questions, English & Spanish language available.