* Any classwork not completed during class time will become homework.
* Makeup work: Homework assigned prior to an absence is due on the day student returns to school.
* Homework/classwork assigned on the day of an absence will be due within the next two class days.
* Late Homework/Project will be accepted with a letter grade deduction for each day the assignment is late.
* Remember, it is always better to turn in something rather than nothing, no matter how late the work is.
Student Responsibilities and Classroom Consequences
* Be on time, prepared, ready to learn.
* Be respectful, of others and yourself.
* Use self-control of body, voice and mind.
* Stay on task.
* Strive to achieve.
* Get permission to speak or move around.
* Stay seated until the teacher dismisses class.
* 1st. Time: Verbal warning.
* 2nd. Time: Buddy Teacher. Think Sheet.
* 3rd. Time: Parent call.
* 4th. Time: Write up and Parent call
I believe that each student is a learner. The key to learning a foreign language is by practicing your vocabulary every day and being prepared by coming to class with an open attitude. Learning a foreign language should be fun!
Tips to help your child be better prepared for Spanish Class (Realidades A/B)
* At the end of each Unit is a vocabulary list with an English translation.
* Every student has to write in his/her notebook this vocabulary list for the unit studied. When finished a grade is issued for classwork participation.
* At the end of the week, we have a spelling quiz based upon this vocabulary list. This is announced at the beginning of the week.
* Any other test or quizzes are announced usually three days in advance after a review of the subject matter.
* When your child is absent, he/she will have three days for make up work to be completed.
* Encourage your child to write three times any word they missed in the spelling quiz.
* Special assignments and projects related to the unit we are studying will be counted as a test grade.
Class Participation 20%
My favorites sites
* The Glencoe World Languages