It's that time, everyone is excited and looking forward to going back to school, getting their schedule, and finding out who their teachers will be!
Virtual Academy Student Schedules may be accessed through your parent/student power school account.
Power School Account:
To obtain a power school acount you must have a WS/FCS parent portal.PowerSchool Parent Portal:PowerSchool Parent Portal is an online resource that gives parents/guardians access to your child(ren's) homework assignments, grades and more.The PowerSchool Parent Portal interface is user-friendly and gives parents/guardians access to:
Parents and guardians are required to request Parent/Guardian accounts in person at each school their child(ren) attend in the district to be able set up accounts. For Virtual Academy Students this is to be done in person at the student(s) Home Base School.Please download and fill out a Parent Portal Account Request Form to present at your child(ren's) Home Base school(s). One Parent Account will allow multiple children to be linked with the provided access IDs and access passwords. The accounts are secure, so please don't share your information and passwords with anyone else. It is not recommended to create your PowerSchool Parent Portal account using a mobile device.For more information about Parent Portal, please download and read this user's guide.
- Grades and attendance
- Test results
- Grade history
- Attendance history
- Student Schedule
- Email notifications that can include your child's grades and school announcements
- Teacher comments
- School bulletins
WINSTON-SALEM/FORSYTH COUNTY SCHOOLS
DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
STUDENT PASSWORD GUIDELINES 2020-2021
WS/FCS ACCOUNT (IT Portal)
- Students use this account to log into laptops, Chromebooks, Office 365, Google Apps.
- Passwords for the 2020-2021 school year will be reset to the following: ○ Pre-K and Kindergarten: abc
○ 1st Grade - 5th Grade: student number (#########)
NCEDCLOUD ACCOUNT (Home Base)
- Students use this account to log into North Carolina student information systems (Canvas, Powerschool, Schoolnet, etc).
- Passwords for the 2020-2021 school year will be reset and differentiated on a per school basis. The password formula is as follows: ○ ### (School Number) + Wsfcs ■ Example: 308Wsfcs, 416Wsfcs, etc.
■ The password is case sensitive (capital ‘W’).
○ Students will not be required to change their password.
- K-3 students also have the option to leverage QR codes to login. Teachers will have the ability to print these out and supply to students if needed. Teachers should not print QR codes until after the password change on August 7th.