We are committed to ensuring every student has the technology needed to move forward with remote learning. Families are encouraged to have access to a reliable internet connection. However, if you need support, please reach out to your school for assistance.Your student’s school is distributing technology—Chromebooks and WiFi hotspots—for students who need those devices. Please remember:
- You do not need this hotspot to access WS/FCS content or remote learning—any internet connection will work.
- This hotspot is not required to use with the WS/FCS issued Chromebooks. If your home has internet service, it will work with your Chromebook.
- If your student received a hotspot and does not need it for remote learning, please return it to your school so it can be reissued to someone that has no other option.
Technology Service Desk
Once you receive your technology, if you have an issue with the Chromebook or the WiFi hotspot, the district offers the Technology Service Desk available at 336.727.8300 (from 7:00 am-7:00 pm Monday-Friday) or email ServiceDesk@wsfcs.k12.nc.us staffed with technology support technicians for phone support, as well as remote control computer assistance to troubleshoot and repair technical issues.
Technology How-To Guides
The WS/FCS Remote Learning Help for Parent and Students section of the WS/FCS website (https://wsfcs.instructure.com/courses/57069) contains self-help videos and frequently asked questions to provide instruction and solutions to many of the common technical issues that parents and students may experience while engaged in remote instruction (assistance with login, Canvas, Microsoft Teams, parent portal access, etc.) You can access this information by using the Technology How-To-Guides tab located in the left navigation of this page.
Additionally, the district Technology Department staff will maintain physical site locations entitled Technology Device Repair and Exchange Depots. Depots will be available throughout the school day and after hours to troubleshoot and repair student devices used for remote instruction. If families cannot travel to the depot, school staff and/or CARES Teams will work out a process for families to bring devices to the school for school staff to deliver to the depot or arrange a safe way to pick up devices from families. Technology Device Repair and Exchange Depots are open from 7:00 am-7:00 pm (unless otherwise noted) Monday-Friday at the following locations:
- East Forsyth Middle School
810 Bagley Drive, Kernersville, NC 27284
- Parkland High School Auditorium
1600 Brewer Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27127
- West Forsyth High School - Performing Arts Center
1735 Lewisville Clemmons Rd, Clemmons, NC 27012
(enter from Southwest School Road)
- Whitaker Park Technology Center
4021 Reynolds Court, Winston-Salem, NC 27105
The week of August 24 begins the rollout of several mobile classrooms using school buses equipped with WiFi hotspots. For students who remain unable to access the internet, these mobile hotspots will serve all grades but will not be staffed with teachers. Students will have access to get on the bus (in limited numbers) to work on school assignments. Mobile classroom locations will be updated regularly, so check back to keep informed of new mobile hotspot locations, or call the WS/FCS Hotline at 336-661-3128 to find the mobile classroom location nearest you.
Current WiFi Hotspot locations:
- Woodlawn Apts on Weatherwood Ct (Upper and Lower) 2 buses
- Birchwood Apts on Weatherwood Ct
- Colony Apts on Brownsboro Rd
- Skyline Village on Timlic Ave
- Skyline Village 0n Bruce St
- Rolling Hills on Ferrell Ct
- Oldtown View Apts on Yarborough Ave