MYP Course Overview
Typically, the Middle Years Program for International Baccalaureate is a 5-year program that culminates in the 10th grade (Year 5). However, students may enter the MYP at Parkland Magnet High School in their 9th grade year (Year 4) if they meet the following requirements:
- Student has a C or better in all core content classes (English, Math, Science and Social Studies).
- Student is capable of handling honors level classes.
- Student should be able to finish Math 3 and World Language 3 (Foreign Language) by the end of the 10th grade.
- Student is highly motivated to learn and succeed.
IB MYP Curriculum Overview
- Group 1: Language & Literature
- English I & II Honors IBMYP
- Group 2: Language Acquisition
- Spanish, French, & German I & II IBMYP
- Spanish, French, & German III Honors IBMYP
- Group 3: Individuals & Societies
- Civics Literacy Honors IBMYP (9th grade)
- Economic & Personal Finance Honors IBMYP (10th grade)
- Group 4: Sciences
- Earth & Environmental Science Honors IBMYP
- Biology Honors IBMYP
- Chemistry Honors IBMYP
- Group 5: Mathematics
- Math I, II, & III Honors IBMYP
- Group 6: The Arts
- Visual Arts
*Note: PE/Health is a high school requirement and is incorporated in the MYP.