Dear Mustang Family,
The registration process for the 2023-2024 school year will be conducted hybrid (online & in person) this year. Students will pre-register for their courses online through their Powerschool Student Portal anytime from January 30th to February 5th. Then they will meet with their School Counselor in person individually to confirm their choices and update their C3 (College, Career, or Commit) Plans beginning on Monday, February 6th. We expect this process to be efficient and allow parents to be more involved in their student’s course selection. Please review the important steps and dates below to prepare for your 2023-2024 course registration.
- Follow this link for the Student Service’s Registration Website to review the Registration Department Video’s, Registration Handbook, Core Courses Offered By Grade Level, Electives Offered By Grade Level, Instructions on how to access the Student Portal, and more: https://www.wsfcs.k12.nc.us/Page/118910
- Monday, January 30th thru Sunday, February 5th: The Online Pre-Registration process begins at 8:00 a.m on Monday, January 30th. Students will have access through their Student Portal and select their courses for the 2023/2024 school year. Some teachers have made recommendations and students should be able to see those in their Student Portal. Access to complete and update their course selections will be available until 8:00pm on Sunday, February 5th. At this time, all student editing access will be revoked.
- Both students and parents will have access to view student course requests for the 2023-2024 school year. However, changes can only be made through the Student Portal. Edits cannot be made through the Parent Portal.
- Instructions for students on how to log into Powerschool Student Portal:
- Click the Student Tab
- Click Powerschool for Students
- Log onto Powerschool using their Username and Password
- Click on Class Registration on the left side of the screen.
- Students must go through their Student Portal to select 7 credits/courses (if going to the Career Center & Parkland) or 8 credits/courses (all at Parkland) AND 3 alternate courses, then CLICK SUBMIT to save their course request/selections.
- Beginning Monday, February 6th thru Friday, March 17th, Counselors will facilitate individual one-on-one and group meetings with students to discuss their Registration for the 2023/2024 school year.
- No changes will be made after Friday, March 17th. No exceptions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students are only requesting courses during the registration period; schedules for 2023-2024 are not made until the summer.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
Parkland IB Magnet Student Services Department
Parkland Magnet High School 2023-2024 Class Registration
The 2023-2024 Class Registration will be hybrid (online & in person) this year. We encourage you to look through the Class Registration videos to prepare for Online Pre-Registration which will go LIVE on January 30th, 2023. Please also review all the resources provided below to help guide your decision before registering for your 2023-2024 classes. If you do not have access to your PowerSchool Student Portal through your NCEdCloud account, please contact the Technology Service Desk at (336) 727-8300 for assistance in gaining access before registration begins. The pre-registration will only be accessible through the PowerSchool Student Portal. Registration access will not be available through the Powerschool Parent Portal. THE DEADLINE FOR PRE-REGISTRATION IS SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH.
For Instructions on How To Claim your PowerSchool Student Portal Account, please watch the following Video:
Registration Video & Instructions:
Class Registration Step by Step Instructional Video
Online Course Pre-Registration Instructions
IB Scheduling Resources:
IB CAREER RELATED PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
IB DIPLOMA PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
RISING 11TH DIPLOMA PROGRAM REGISTRATION FORM
RISING 11TH CAREER RELATED PROGRAM REGISTRATION PROGRAM
RISING 12TH DIPLOMA PROGRAM REGISTRATION FORM
RISING 12TH CAREER RELATED PROGRAM REGISTRATION FORM
IB COURSE ONLY REGISTRATION FORM
Rising 9th Grade Registration Information:
District Rising Freshman Meeting & Resources
Class of 2027 Parent Presentation
Rising 9th IB MYP Registration Form
Core Courses Offered by Grade Level:
Rising 10th IB MYP Registration Form
Understanding the Difference Between Standard and Honors Courses
CTE Pathways and Courses:
2023-2024 CTE PATHWAYS AND COURSES
2023-2024 REGISTRATION BOOK PDF
2023-2024 REGISTRATION HANDBOOK FLIPBOOK
Social Studies Graduation Requirements:
Social Studies Offerings By Year
Social Studies IB Requirements:
Career Center Info:
Forsyth Tech Dual Enrollment Info:
FORSYTH TECH CCP PROGRAM BOOKLET