Thank you for volunteering with Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools. Your involvement with, commitment to, and advocacy for our students is an important part of providing a positive, safe, and nurturing environment to help each child reach their fullest potential. Our vision is to be the best place to learn and work through excellence, collaboration, and inclusiveness. Learn more about our Strategic Plan and the role volunteering can help us engage students in high-quality, relevant learning experiences.
We ask that you review the information and policies below prior before you complete the application process and annually as you resubmit your volunteer information.
- 2020-2021 Volunteer Handbook
- 2020-2021 Volunteer Handbook (Spanish)
- Volunteer Confidentiality Statement (rev. 01/2023)
Related Policies and Procedures
- Policy 4114.5: Volunteer Screening Procedures
- AR 4114.5: Volunteer Screening Procedures
- AR 5131.7: Prohibited Relationships with Students and Other Criminal Acts
- Policy 1170: Civility
- Policy 4116.10: Standards of Professional Conduct
- AR 4114.4: Volunteer Drivers
- Policy 4234: Compensation for Injuries to Volunteers
Policies are board reviewed and approved statements. ARs, or administrative regulations, are detailed directions developed by the superintendent to put policies into practice.
Need a translation?
Translations available upon request. Contact the Office of Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 336.727.2696.