Inspire340's network of 14 schools:
... are a part of active communities.
Winston-Salem and Forsyth County are places that are very supportive of the local school district. WS/FCS is supported by a number of business partners that provide invaluable funding and support to the schools. Inspire340 schools have also had great results with recruiting and maintaining volunteers. Many community organizations and business professionals give their time to prepare our future educators.
... value diverse culture.
Inspire340 schools strive to create a diverse staff that will enrich the student experience. Inspire340 recognizes that teachers of all kinds all bring something to the table and it’s important to highlight what makes each educator unique.
... empower outstanding educators.
Inspire340 schools have a consistent track record of producing award-winning educators. This year we have celebrated winners of the North Carolina Education Support Professional Award, Stanford University’s Holly Hock Scholarship, and most notably a Burroughs Wellcome Fund recipient. This is just the tip of the iceberg! Inspire340 schools encourage and support professional development. WS/FCS and Inspire340 want the best teachers in the state and will do what it takes to hire and continue professional development.
Incentives and Benefits
Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools offer attractive supplements, some of the largest among the urban school districts in North Carolina.
The following information details the compensation package:
- Laptop computers issued to all teachers
- $1,200 interest-free cash advance for relocation expenses
- Waivers of utility deposits (electric and cable)
- Waivers/reduction for security deposits from participating apartment complexes
- Before and after school child care at Kimberley Park Elementary for teachers and teacher assistants who work at an Inspire 340 school. Cost: $50.00 week.
Please check with Human Resources and School Principals on available incentives.
- State Health Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits (ex. vision, cancer, disability, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount and Incentive Program
- Formal new teacher support program for first-year and beginning teachers
- Annual Flu, Shingles, TDap, Pneumonia vaccine clinics – FREE to State Health Plan members
- Educator Warehouse
Teacher of the Year (TOY) Incentives
- District recognition reception for all school TOYs
- A cash award for district TOY